NEUTRAL OIL AND LOSS COLUMNS
Apparatus for the determination of total neutral oil of natural fats and oils consisting of triglycerides and unsaponifiable matter.
· Unique design of the flask allows the transfer of the weighed sample directly onto the column
· Supplied complete, as shown, including weighing base
· Stopcocks have PTFE plugs, and the column has a 40-60 micron porosity fritted disc
· Joints are Standard Taper 19/22 except for the extension tube, which is Standard Taper 7/25
· Ref: OACS Official Method Ca9f-57, JAOCS Vol. 46, No. 5, Pages 252-255
· Manufactured from 33 expansion, low extractable borosilicate glass conforming to USP Type I and ASTM E438, Type I, Class A requirements
Free fatty acids and miscellaneous non-fat substances are removed by passing the sample through a column of activated alumina. Losses are then calculated.